Forum

Forum » Offene Diskussion » Feedback Ecke » games we need to win

Sortierung:     printview
Autor: Mitteilung:
jinshuiqian0713
Rang 5
225 Beiträge
10.01.2019, 06:21 offline zitieren 

TORONTO – He hasnt played since breaking a bone in his right hand in a fight on Nov. Cheap Air Max 90 Nz Online . 11, but Connor McDavid showed up for Hockey Canadas World Junior selection camp with his game face on. You dont reach the level hes at (16 goals, 35 assists in 18 games with the Erie Otters this season) at the age hes at (17) without being intense. That intensity was evident early in the camps first on-ice workout Thursday evening at the MasterCard Centre. McDavid, taking part in a full practice for the first time since having his cast removed Tuesday, mishandled the puck on consecutive plays in the same drill. He was clearly frustrated. He apologized, said Guelph Storm right winger Robby Fabbri, who was on McDavid’s line during much of the practice. Everyone makes mistakes, but he doesnt make too many of them. I just gave him a pat and told him to relax. You apologize to your teammates when you make a mistake, McDavid said. I messed up there and twice in a row with Robby so I felt bad about it. Hes a good friend of mine and he came over and told me not to worry about it. A little later in the practice the team was put through a shot-blocking drill. The assistant coaches fired foam pucks at players from a few feet away. McDavid, who has not yet been cleared for contact, wanted to be part of it. But after McDavid blocked his first shot head coach Benoit Groulx intervened asking the favourite to go first in the next NHL Draft to sit out the drill. I told him, You know what? I dont want my face on TV tomorrow [because you got hurt] for this reason so get out of there! Groulx said with a chuckle. I just went once, so I guess 1-for-1 so that makes me 100 per cent, McDavid said with a wry grin. Earlier in the practice, McDavid wired a slap shot past Jets goalie prospect Eric Comrie high on the glove side. It was a thing of beauty. McDavid was, of course, nonplussed when asked about it afterwards. I was taking slap-shots with my cast on so I think you guys are making too big of a deal about it. I’ve been skating for three weeks. Ive been skating fully for three weeks so this is kind of just another day. McDavid suggested his recent layoff from game action may actually be a blessing when it comes to the World Juniors, because hell be fresher than others. My legs have felt probably better than they did before I got hurt, he noted. There is a reason McDavids every move was and will continue to be under the microscope. Hes seen as the next big star in hockey: a generational talent, who can change a franchises fortunes. And for Canada he is someone, who will figure prominently in the quest to end a five-year gold medal drought. You can tell the legs are there, no problem, said Groulx. It was good to see him. Just having him on the ice was good for everyone. The Canadian bench boss, an assistant on Brent Sutters staff a year ago, says Hockey Canada is going to be very cautious when it comes to the emerging superstar. We want to be patient with him in order to have him at 100 per cent. We don’t want to put Connor McDavid on the ice at 75 per cent. We are going to have to wait and see to how he reacts to practicing. The hope is that McDavid will be able to play in at least one of the teams three pre-tournament games: Dec. 19 against Russia in Toronto, Dec. 21 against Sweden in Ottawa or on Dec. 23 against Switzerland in Montreal. McDavid, for his part, seemed supremely confident that he will be ready for the tournament opener on Boxing Day. Playing mostly on the wing, McDavid, a natural centre, had just four points in seven games last year when he became just the sixth 16-year-old to crack Canadas World Junior roster. This year hes poised to be a leader on the squad. It’s a big opportunity and perhaps the final one on this stage for a player, who appears destined to make the NHL early in his career. And the fact the event will take place on home soil makes it all the more special. Everyones excited, McDavid said when asked specifically about the added pressure of playing in Montreal and Toronto. Were not feeling too much pressure now. Being at home, its a blessing, honestly, its an opportunity that not a whole lot of people get to do. On Wednesday, Scott Salmond, Hockey Canadas vice-president of hockey operations, declared that he felt like Canada was an underdog at the event during an interview with QMI News Agency. But McDavid has high expectations. I dont see any reason why we cant [win] it all, he said. Cheap Air Max 90 Nz Clearance . Murray beat Sam Querrey 7-6 (5), 6-7 (3), 6-1, 6-3 to clinch Britains opening-round victory against the United States on Sunday at Petco Park. "Im proud of the way Im playing just now, because I had to do a lot of work to get back to where I want to be," Murray said after celebrating with his teammates on the red clay court in a temporary stadium in left field of the downtown home of baseballs San Diego Padres. Cheap Air Max 90 Nz . Switzerland faces Belgium or Kazakhstan in the quarterfinals in April. Serbia dropped into the World Group playoffs in September. A confident Chiudinelli and Lammer defeated veteran doubles player Zimonjic and young Krajinovic 7-6 (3), 3-6, 7-6 (2), 6-2. http://www.cheapairmax90nz.com/ . Pospisil, from Vancouver, and Sock will compete for the title against defending champions and top seeds Bob and Mike Bryan of the United States, who defeated the 12th-seeded French duo of Michael Llodra and Nicolas Mahut 7-6 (4), 6-3, 6-2. ST. LOUIS -- The Dallas Stars are trying to make a late playoff push. Against a team battling for first place overall in the league, the Stars stepped up their game. Colton Sceviour got the first two goals and Antoine Roussel scored on a breakaway in the third period to give the Stars a 4-2 victory over the St. Louis Blues on Saturday night. "This was a huge test for us," goalie Kari Lehtonen said. "One of the best teams in the league and we played last night and travelled here late, and showed up, and it was just a huge win." Cody Eakin had a goal and assist and Lehtonen made 33 saves for the Stars, who have won four of five in pursuit of a Western Conference playoff spot. Dallas entered the day three points out of a playoff spot before winning for the second straight night and saddling the Blues with just their sixth regulation home loss. The Stars opened a five-game trip after beating the Predators 7-3 on Friday and won without production from their top line of Germany Tyler Seguin, Jamie Benn and Valeri Nichushkin. "I dont know if desperation is the word. That kind of sounds bad," Sceviour said. "But definitely we feel like these are games we need to win. "This is a start and we want to build off it." Alex Steen had a pair of power-play goals for the Blues, who had been 8-0-2 in their previous 10 at home including an overtime loss to Dallas earlier this month. St. Louis fell one point behind Boston for first place overall in the NHL after a showing coach Ken Hitchcock labeled "sloppy." "What we are right now is too inconsistent," Hitchcock said. "Weve got too many players who are having good games and then are following it up with poor games." "Have to send a few messages here in the next couple games and see if we can get everybodys attention." Dallas led 1-0 and 3-1 against the Central Division leaders. Roussel skated in alone on Ryan Miller for the clincher after the puck hopped over ddefenceman Kevin Shattenkirks stick at the opposite blue line at 7:56 of the third. Cheap Air Max 90 Nz Sale. If the Blues had been ahead, Shattenkirk would not have been trying to hold the line. "We feel like wed been all over them in the third period, then they get the fourth one," Steen said. "We were a little late tonight." Steen has 33 goals on the season. He scored on a deflection from the high slot in the second period and beat Lehtonen scrambling across the net on a long rebound in the opening minute of the third, each time shaving the deficit to one. Sceviour has three goals the past two games and Eakin also has scored in consecutive games for the Stars. Hitchcock picked a trio of former Stars -- Steve Ott, Brenden Morrow and Derek Roy -- for the opening faceoff. That line surrendered the only goal of the first period, with Otts turnover leading to Sceviours sixth of the season, and finished a combined minus-5. Sceviour tapped in a rebound off his skate to make it 2-0 at 7:21 of the second. "Theyre not the prettiest goals, but well take them," Sceviour said. Dallas needed just 25 seconds to answer Steens first goal on Eakins deflection. Notes: Stars D Alex Goligoski tied his career high with four points against Nashville on Friday a day later when a scoring change gave him a fourth assist in a 7-3 victory over Nashville, and he had an assist in the second period against St. Louis. Goligoskis other four-point game came with Pittsburgh when he had a goal and three assists against Tampa Bay on Jan. 5, 2011. ... Stars F Vernon Fiddler earned his 200th career point on a second-period assist. ... Stars coach Lindy Ruff worked his 1,239th game, tying Bryan Murray for 10th on the career list. ... Shattenkirk had two assists and set career highs with 35 assists and 44 points. ... Steen has three goals and four assists the past four games. ... David Backes had an assist for 356 career points, passing Pierre Turgeon for 11th in Blues history. China NFL Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap Basketball Jerseys Online Stitched Hockey Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys Football Jerseys Outlet College Jerseys For Sale Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys For Sale Wholesale NFL Jerseys ' ' '

Sortierung:     printview

Um ein Thema zu eröffnen musst du registriert und angemeldet sein!

registrieren
anmelden